Monday, April 28, 2008

I promise to post more often

I have been very bad about posting lately. I apologize to my loyal audience of readers. All 2 of you. It would be 4, but my parents don't have the internet.

I would like to claim that posting has been on the back burner because life if just too damn exotic for me to take time out to type anything. All those days at the spa (can't type if my nails are wet) - the trips abroad (who has time to type when they are sunning in the South of France) - the endless fine dining (expensive wines and tastey Italian waiters) - saving the world (didn't you see me on the last episode of CNN's "Planet in Peril"?)

I could go on... however, I think we all know that the real reason I haven't posted much in March or April is a cross between laziness, the day-to-day craziness of the daily grind, and nothing interesting to say.

Are you waiting to know how many mountains of laundry I have climbed? Or maybe you are desperately concerned that I'm weeks behind on cleaning out the fish tank. Or, possibly you would have raised a glass of champaigne to toast my efforts to finally put away most of the papers off my office floor.

So, now that I have given the official "mea culpa" (and even started a draft of a new post!) I have to go put some clothes in the dryer. Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I received this from a friend and thought you might appreciate it. I did. Hope all is well with you and the family. Thanks for hosting Eliot and Jacob for dinner when Eliot was in Atlanta. All my love. Marilyn

Attitude:
There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror,
and noticed she had only three hairs on her head.
'Well,' she said, 'I think I'll braid my hair today.' So she did and she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head. 'H-M-M,' she said, 'I think I'll part my hair down the middle today.'
So she did and she had a grand day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head.
'Well,' she said, 'today I'm going
to wear my hair in a pony tail.'
So she did, and she had a fun, fun day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head. 'YAY!' she exclaimed.
'I don't have to fix my hair today!'

Attitude is everything.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Live simply, Love generously,
Care deeply, Speak kindly.......

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain.