Wednesday, February 20, 2008

In the chemo chair


Ok - I'm sitting in the chemo chair for the first time. I've had the first 2 of the 3 drips and all is well. Those were the 2 that they worry about allergic reactions with - but I am fine so far.


Everyone around here has been super nice. One man who brought his father in for treatment, had a box of cranberry muffins that his mother had made and was passing them around. Being that we had "Muffins For Mom" this morning at school, I was already muffined out.


And I've never been able to hold pee for a long time, especially after 2 kids. But, as Murphy's Law would have it, today, since I'm hooked up to a drip for several hours, my bladder has decided that it needs to be emptied more often than usual. This is a side effect that I think was saved just for me.


Several others sitting near me, who are at the end of their treatments, have offered helpful tips and tricks. Such as, there is a lovely enzime that comes in yogurt, can be purchased at any drug store in pill form, and will quickly end the enivitable stomach cramps.


So I've been told - I will start to feel sick in 3-5 days - but how sick will be up to my body. I certainly don't look forward to being sick, but maybe just 15 pounds sick would be OK.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you loose 20lbm, I'll send the girls another 10lbm chocolate bar...