Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy New Year - It's 2008!


THE GOOD...

We had a wonderful Christmas. The girls got a ton a cool gifts, but the "biggie" was the go-kart. We only got a few rides in before the rains came, which was a bummer. And it rained for days - but who's complaining after the drought we've had. (I woulda bought it sooner if I knew it could create atmospheric changes!)

Anyway, here we are buzzing right along into 2008. We've had Kevin's birthday and are about to have Caitlyn's. For her birthday this year, we are heading down to see the Monster Trucks at the Georgia Dome. Yippie! My daughter, the 5 year old tom-boy red-neck!

THE BAD, and THE UGLY...

I have just been re-diagnosed with breast cancer. So, this year will probably be quite a roller coaster ride for us. And while I'm blessed to have a ton of family and friends that care about me, I am not anxious to repeat the outcome of each doctors visit a thousand times on the phone and each time I run into someone around the 'hood. Being a mini-techno-geek, I figured that creating a blog to help keep everyone on top of what's going on with me and the Farmer family would be the best solution. (But of course, anyone that knows me, will know that I'll still probably talk about this constantly anyway. I'll try to keep the complaining to a minimum.)

THE PROMISE...

I've named this blog "Bippity Boppity Boob" since that was the name of our 3-Day walking team from 2006. I loved that experience and was very proud that we raised over $45,ooo to fight breast cancer. This 2nd diagnosis has instilled in me an ever more urgent need to keep doing whatever I can, each year, until I don't have to worry about Kinsey and Caitlyn going thru this some day. I don't know where I'm going with this yet, but being as I have many sleepless nights ahead of me, I'm sure I will figure something out.

AND NOW...

I've got to go be a Mom and make breakfast. Until next time...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Andrea,
I just opened your e-mail. When the subject box said here we go again in the, I was hoping for another fundraising letter or invite to a walk which we will do together with your sister Karen and maybe get Iris out with us and of course Dorothy and everyone else who I have such fond memories of from last Oct. We'll eat fried chicken, potatoes, creamed corn and all that delicious food we had the day before our walk in Oct. 2006.

You are strong and have a great family support system surrounding you. You will get through this and beat it again. Don't you worry. You girls have been witness to a mom with great courage. You take care. I hope to see you and we will walk again together.

Love, Mary