Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A silver lining brain fade

I am generally a “Silver Lining” person. So, for this discussion, we are going to ignore all of the "I'm going to die" thoughts that have been sliding thru my brain in the past few weeks.

Since I had the distinct pleasure of knowing the general outline of my upcoming treatments about 2 weeks before Christmas - I figured I had carte blanche to eat and drink what I wanted during the holidays and not worry about it. In the early spring I would be doing "Chemo - The Wonder Diet!" and the weight would drop off of me.

1 minor issue – I forgot the logistics of having surgery first. That means I had to get naked and wear a hospital gown. I had to be fat and naked in front of the world! Then, to compound the embarrassment, I had to come home and ask my husband to help me with a sponge bath.

Now, generally, men could care less about the 10-20 pound weight fluctuations we go thru because they see us naked just before sex in bad lighting. And which brain are they working with at the time? Exactly.

However, when the kind, sincere, “I love you, honey and I’m so sorry you are going thru this” part of the brain is functioning and then you have to get naked and you are 20 pounds more than you should be in the sun-bright lights of the bathroom - - - MAJOR GUILT!!!

Oh well, too late now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bad lighting, good lighting - if they see naked, do you really think they are thinking with any other part of their body??