Sunday, January 6, 2008

Breast Cancer 2008

OK - So, I found a new lump sometime around the beginning of November. We shrugged it off as scar tissue. However, after seeing my ob/gyn for my annual in November, he thought I should go ahead and see the surgeon. I already had an appt for January, but made another one at the urging of my in-laws.

I really didn't want to know before Christmas - I really wanted to wait - but it seemed silly to wait - it wasn't going to be anything more than scar tissue anyway. But no... the biopsy said cancer. CRAP!!!

So, last week I had an MRI to determine if there are any more spots in the breast area. I don't know yet, but hope to find out tomorrow. One thing I did learn was that the contrast dye that they shoot into you for the MRI can cause joint pain. Man, the joints in my fingers the next morning felt like they were 150 years old - but it has slowly subsided over the last few days.

On Tuesday, I will have a bone scan and a CT scan. Those will let us know if the cancer has spread further. If that is the case - I will not be held responsible for using 4 letter words in my posting.

Anyway, it is time for an awesome leg of lamb dinner over at Judy's house. My glass of wine is calling me. I'll post again tomorrow and let you all know about my great golf game of today!

No comments: