Monday, January 7, 2008

MRI Results

Left breast - OK - just like last time
Right breast - spot we knew about and 2 lymph nodes underneath that appear inflamed - so most likely infected.

My surgeon, is planning on removing the entire fat pad under my right arm on Friday. That will include the bad spot and all lymph nodes. While that will leave me with the possibility of lymphedema later on, it seems like the best idea right now as far as getting rid of the cancer cells. That may change slightly with the results of the other tests I'm having tomorrow, and when the surgeon talks to the oncologist - but we won't know that until later in the week.

Tomorrow is the CT scan and the bone scan. Yikes! I'm nervous and anxious to get it over with. Can't wait for my margarita tomorrow night at Stammtish!

No comments: