Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Scan Day

OK - Don't EVER look at the pictures from your bone scan. Just let the doctors tell you what is says over the phone. While it takes great pictures of your bones, it adds about 10 inches to your hips! Wow! If I ever needed some incentive to start exercising again, I got it today.

Now down to business... We don't have the official word yet, but (other than the hip incident) the bone scan looked clear. As far as the CT scan goes - dunno.

Drinking the Barium solution for the CT scan was Super Nasty. And the lady told me that the stuff they injected into me for the bone scan does make me slightly radio-active, so I probably don't want to hug my kids tightly or for a long time before tomorrow when it is out of my system.

It's official - I will be doing some level of chemo. We'll know more after the pathology results from what they take out on Friday.

For now, I need to drink as much liquid as I can to flush all of the contrast dye and radio-active stuff out of my system - so I'm going to fill up my water glass again and head off for a dinner and a margarita (or two).

P.S. Big thanks go out to my sisters Iris and Karen who took turns sitting with me, all day at the hospital, last Wed and today, while I got scanned -- and spend many more hours surfing the internet and coming up with good questions for the doctors. Of course, Kevin who keeps working to pay the doctor bills, and calls for continuous updates. And all of my family and friends that send good thoughts my way.

No comments: